The state government has decided to set up a Journalist Benevolent Fund for the Journalists/ Photo-Journalists/ Cameramen/ Freelance Journalists duly accredited by the Information & Cultural Affairs Department in the Government of West Bengal. An amount of `.2500/-(Rupees two thousand five hundred only) be given per month as a post retirement pension to the eligible persons provided that:
- He or she attains minimum 60 years of age and retirement from job of Journalist/ Photo Journalist.
- He or she served as Journalist in the state of West Bengal for not less than 10 years.
- He or she holds a valid accreditation card on the date of his/ her retirement.
- He or she has to submit an application in the prescribed proforma as given in Annexure-I to the Director of Information, Information & Cultural Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal along with necessary documents/ declaration etc.
- He or she does not draw pension from any other sources. An affidavit in format as given in Annexure-II along with a copy of last pay certificate and income tax return should be furnished.
- 3% of the total pensions will be reserved for disable persons provided disability certificate and necessary papers.
The payment of pension to the eligible persons will come into force with effect from 01.04.2012.