|Shops & Establishments|
|Different Board Activities|
|Telephone Numbers of Officials|
Activities of this Directorate
RegistrationJob seekers residing under the jurisdiction of the respective Employment Exchange register their names
- On production of Ration Card / Voter's Identity Card in support of their being local residents,
- All original educational degree/diploma/school leaving marks sheets/ certificates including specified age proof certificate.
- SC, ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped Certificates (if applicable) from competent authority
- Identity card of the registrant needs be renewed on completion of Three years from the month of registration / last renewal on production of Ration Card / Voterï¿½s Identity Card as proof of being local resident.
- Two months grace period just after the due date may be allowed.
- Lapsation of registration within 1 year from renewal due may be considered on application of registrant to local Employment Exchange.
- 35 Vocational Guidance Units at REE Kolkata, SREE Kidderpore, SREE North Kolkata, DEE South Kolkata, SREE Barrackpore, DEE Dumdum, DEE Basirhat, DEE Budgebudge, DEE Diamond Harbour, DEE, Kalyani, DEE Krishnagar, DEE, Berhampur, PEE Farakka, SREE Howrah, DEE Serampore, DEE Chinsurah, DEE Arambagh, DEE Burdwan, SREE Durgapur, SREE Asansol, DEE Sitarampur, DEE Raniganj, DEE Suri, DEE Rampurhat, DEE Kharagpur, PEE Haldia, DEE Purulia, DEE Bankura, DEE Malda, DEE Raiganj, DEE Siliguri, SREE Darjeeling, DEE Jalpaiguri, DEE Alipurduar, DEE Coochbehar are rendering Vocational Guidance and disseminate Career Information, Training facilities etc available to jobseekers.
- 33 Career corners each attached with each exchange have been opened recently providing library facilities to the job aspirants with career related books.
Skill Development scheme for the Registered Jobseekers-2007The objective of the scheme is to assist the job-seekers, registered with the Employment Exchanges in West Bengal in skill up-gradation for enhancement of their employability. The schemes includes-
- Providing training in the selected Institutes on some specified courses / subjects with subsidy,
- Organizing Mock-Tests for various competitive examinations
- Special Coaching for competitive examinations
- Library facilities at Career Corner
“Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa (USKP)” 2008
The objective of the Scheme is to assist validly registered unemployed youth to take up economically viable projects by providing subsidy from the state government and credit on easy terms from banks and financial institutions.
Scheme for Skill Upgradation & Pre-Departure Orientation for Emigrant Workers
Directorate of Employment under the Labour Department, Government of West Bengal and Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairas (MOIA) are jointly organizing free training programme at different Institutes like Bengal Engineering & Science University (BESU), Shibpur, Howrah, ATI, Dasnagar, Howrah, ITI's Tollygunge, Kalyani, Hooghly, Durgapur, Purulia etc. for the purpose of upgradation of skill for the job-seekers who want to go abroad in search of decent employment.
Enforcement of Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959
- Enforcement of Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959 enjoins on all establishments in Public Sector and those establishments in Private Sector where ordinarily 25 or more persons are employed to work for remuneration that before filling up any vacancy (with certain exception under Section-3 of the Act) in that establishment, they must notify that vacancy to the local Employment Exchanges in the prescribed Form (Form-16) (under Section-4 of the Act).
- If desire, Employment Exchange will help the employer for filling up their vacancies through submission of suitable candidates as per Government instructions.
Employment Market Information (EMI)
As per Section 5 of the Act, every act establishments are required to render ER-1 and ER-II returns, related to employees strength, vacancy position and educational cum occupational status of employees, to the employment Exchange under whose jurisdiction their establishments are located.
Implementation of “The Person With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995” and PWD Rules 1999
As per provision of Rule 39 of PWD Rules, 1999 employers have to furnish to the local special Employment Exchanges for Physically Handicapped quarterly returns in Form DPER - 1 and biennial return in Form DPER-II. Employers have to maintain the records of employees with disabilities in DPER-III as per Rule 40 of the said Rule.
Right to Information
Director of Employment is the public authority and have under its control Joint Directors / Deputy Directors of Employment in charge of the Districts; Joint Directors / Deputy Directors / Employment officers in charge of Employment Exchanges who have been designated as State Public Information officer & State Public Assistant Information Officer respectively to provide information and such assistance as prescribed under RTI Act 2005 and West Bengal RTI Rules 2006, ibid, which is held by or under its control to any citizen of India seeking information and / or access to record etc. under the said Act, apart from other works such as maintenance of records publication of information duly updated and such other functions as may be laid down by Government.
All sorts of grievances / queries relating to the different activities of the Employment Exchanges received at the Directorate of Employment direct from the registrants / job-seekers or from the authorities like Human Rights Commission, Chief Ministers Office, Labour Department / other Government departments, DGET etc. are attended to promptly with intimation to the addressee. Counselling of registrants is undertaken, if necessary. Queries / complaints may also be mailed through computer at the following e-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org